Saturday, February 14, 2015

I haven't posted anything since 2011. Wow.

I guess I forewarned anyone that actually reads this that I might post a few times and then never touch this blog again... Well, almost but not quite. It is now 2015 and I realized that now, more than ever that I need to do this for the sake of my sanity. 
So in the past year here's a quick summary of my life (disclaimer- it is NOT pretty): I somehow managed to get a severely herniated disc, I had to put my dog to sleep, I had spine surgery to fix that disc, I was on medical leave from work for 7 weeks, all of my good fitness habits went down the toilet and I gained 15 pounds, I lost my job and just very recently I broke my ankle. Needless to say it's been a rough year. I've never had this many bad things happen all at once. So that's that. 
So today is Friday the 13th. I was in a really dark place earlier this evening. A REALLY dark place. Thankfully my best friend Cat who lives in Arizona called me. Even though I was crying my eyes out I picked up the phone. After a very long conversation this is what I learned: 

Love does not kick you when you're down.
Love does not throw things in your face that are out of your control. 
Love does not leave you at home on a Friday night to go get drunk when you're stuck here with a broken ankle and actually need someones help.
Which also made me realize that my relationship is over. I just can't exert anymore energy on it. So I won't.

She also made me realize that the friends that I have here who are just a drive away who make excuses to not come around or that flake out on me regularly are not real, true friends and I have to agree with her. And then SHE offered to come out here for a few days to help me out and she's like 2000 miles away. I would love that but I'd rather enjoy our time together than to be on crutches and in pain. 

I'm almost 30. I want real, solid relationships in my life. But for some reason those are really hard to come by. It's a shame. 

I'm going to make a serious effort to stay consistent with this blog even if no one reads it. Frankly I don't care if no one reads it because it's more for myself than anyone else. Later hookers.

No comments:

Post a Comment